We are looking for a savvy Machine Learning Engineer to join our world class team of Data Scientists and Big Data Engineers. Join the team charged with aggregating, processing, filtering and conflating data from many sources and multiple modalities and delivering a unified, rich, and timely TV and Video attribution data to Data+Math's platform. We’re looking for an experienced scientist/engineer who is expected to take projects from initial data mining and research through all stages of prototyping, development and final integration and into the production data accessed by our customers.
- Build, deploy and automate large-scale machine learning algorithms (classification, regression, recommender systems) using Apache Spark and/or other big data technologies.
- Automate the production of necessary reports and analyses for customers.
- Develop programs and processes to access and transform large volumes of data from internal and external systems in a manner suitable for analysis.
- Research new data sources, analytical tools, and methodologies; contribute to new product development, operational delivery.
- Perform complex data analysis in support of ad-hoc and standing requests and demand for insights
Be a member of our agile team and must contribute to daily standups, planning, and sprint retrospectives
- Be a pillar of technological knowledge and lead by example in code, feature development, and documentation.
- Contribute and attend grooming and planning to assist in scheduling sprints and creating release schedules.
- Contribute and attend sprint retrospectives to help the team refine its processes and approaches.
- Provide documentation for solutions by developing well documented code, uml diagrams, and well structured code.
- Follow good object oriented design practices and SOLID design principles.
- Continual improvement of your skills in programming languages, designs patterns, and relevant tools through personal studies as well as efficient research during work hours.
- 5+ years’ experience working on data science projects
- Master's degree or higher, preferably, with a concentration in a computational field such as Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics, Physics, Engineering
- Hands-on experience with mining of structured, semi-structured, and unstructured data
- Intuitive understanding of machine learning algorithms, supervised and unsupervised modeling techniques
- Experience with Apache Hadoop, Spark and related technologies
- Working knowledge of SQL, Hive, Pig, and other query languages
- Experience with machine learning tools and libraries such as Scikit-learn, R, Spark, TensorFlow
- Intuition about algorithm and system performance and throughput
- Experience Ranking entities or attributes a plus
- Architecture and system/pipeline layout experience a plus
- Scala language experience a plus
- Attention to detail, data accuracy, and quality of output
- Strong interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills
- Ability to effectively function in a fast-paced environment with shifting priorities and simultaneous projects
- A desire to solve business problems with technology.
- Great communication skills, and the ability to influence stakeholders.
- Strong interpersonal skills and exceptional character
- Interest, willingness and demonstrated ability to quickly pick up new technology quickly
- A self-starter who brings energy, passion, and creativity to work every day