Data Plus Math is a media measurement company that helps connect advertising exposures to real-world outcomes. Powered by millions of households of cross-screen viewing data, the company’s TV and Video attribution platform is used by cable operators, national programming networks, agencies and marketers to measure which components of their advertising campaigns are driving results. We work with some of largest media and entertainment companies, agencies and brands in the world to power the next generation of analytics and measurement for all of TV and Video.
We are looking for a Full Stack Developer to join our world class team of data scientists and engineers in helping to bring our analytics to our users through a series of web applications. The individual will work closely with web developers and our data engineering team to build the backend of our media analytics and optimization applications. Our stack is comprised of React/Python/Flask/Postgres and Redshift and the candidate will need to have significant experience with several of these technologies. The individual should be able to take ownership of a project, work with broad specifications to create features and translate an architecture to a product.
Who we're looking for:
We are looking for a Full Stack Engineer who will be responsible for building, enhancing and supporting our full server stack that powers our web applications. You may not have experience with all of the technologies on our stack but you have a desire to learn from our experienced engineering team and grow your skillset.
- You are able to take loose requirements, figure out what needs to be done and make it happen.
- You enjoy a collaborative team environment and working with others. Your typical day includes talking with our business team, writing code, reviewing and discussing code with other developers.
- You can be your own QA team and deliver high quality code and features.
- You can drive projects forward by balancing when it is time to refactor versus when it is time to ship.
- 2+ years of experience with the Flask or Django platform (REST, Database interaction/migrations, etc) and very good knowledge of python
- Bachelor’s degree or higher, preferably, with a concentration in a computational field such as Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics, Physics, Engineering
- Advanced working SQL knowledge and experience working with relational databases, query authoring (SQL) as well as working familiarity with a variety of databases.
- Experience with AWS cloud services: EC2, EMR, RDS, Redshift
- Hands on experience with Git (Version Control)
- A desire to solve business problems with technology.
- Great communication skills, and the ability to influence stakeholders.
- Strong interpersonal skills and exceptional character
- Interest, willingness and demonstrated ability to quickly pick up new technology quickly
- A self-starter who brings energy, passion, and creativity to work every day